Bryan Station Middle School
"Only The Best"
BSMS's Mission Statement - The Mission of Bryan Station Middle School is for all students to reach their full potential and succeed in a diverse society through positive relationships and meaningful instruction.
The vision of Bryan Station Middle School is to provide learning opportunities for all students in a positive atmosphere while maintaining fair, firm and consistent expectations.
PRIDE - Stands for:
P - Positive
R - Respect
I - Integrity
D - Determination
E - Exemplar
2. Visit our Scholastic Book Fair March 13th - March 17th 9:00 - 4:00 and open during Literacy Night on March 16th from 6-7:30 pm! You may order books online on this web site starting March 4 - March 17. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Visit BSMS Facebook page - Thanks to Ms. Payne for doing this for us!
FCPS Redistricting Maps Available Here
Today's Announcements - Click here for additional activities and events.
Attention Parents of Students Riding Bus 974 in Morning - The bus stop will change to the corner of Starshoot Pkwy and Pink Pigeon Pkwy on the church side. Click here for the flyer from the transportation department. Here is a copy of a map for clarification.
Stop Bullying. Report It. Be an upstander.
BSMS in the News
* Congratulations to Kyle Lewis! Kyle won 1st place in Regional Science Fair in the category of Animal Science. He also received a Broadcom MASTERS award and will be competing in the national competition as well. Awesome Job Kyle!!
* Congratulations to Elke Coenders! She won 3rd place in Regional Science Fair in the category of Behavioral & Social Science. She also received the Dunbar Girls in STEM Equality Award. Way to go Elke!
* Congratulations to the orchestra! At the 2017 KMEA District 7 Honors Orchestra, BSMS hosted over 200 students from Fayette, Clark and Woodford County including private and home school students. BSMS had the second most number of students accepted into the ensemble! The following students were accepted:
Emily Peng - 3rd best violin! She will be the second violin section leader in the top ensemble (Symphonic Orchestra)
Jasmine Ngo - Viola, Symphonic Orchestra
Andrew Peng - Cello, Symphonic Orchestra
Ben Shapere - Cello, Symphonic Orchestra
Adam Florence - #1 bass out of all students and section leader for the top ensemble (Symphonic orchestra)
Julianne Fisher - 1st violin, Philharmonia Orchestra
Kelsey Brown - 2nd violin, Philharmonia Orchestra
Thomas George - 2nd chair viola, Philharmonia Orchestra
Mia Hunter - 3rd chair viola, Philharmonia Orchestra
Corinne Sharrard - Viola, Philharmonia Orchestra
Joey Cusic - Viola, Philharmonia Orchestra
Brennen Taggart - 2nd chair Bass, Philharmonia Orchestra
Elizabeth Mullins - Viola Alternate
Dorothy George - Cello alternate
Genesis Pena-Lozada - Cello alternate
* Congratulations to Zoe Brewer! She won 1st place All Around in State in USA Gymnastics Level 6! She also placed 1st place on vault, bars, and floor! We are proud of you!
* Congratulations to our Band students at the Solo & Ensemble Festival! 25 out of 26 events received a DISTINGUISHED rating and 1 proficient rating!! 6th Grade: Sydney Brown, Wesley Doyle, Landon Hodge, Jack Hollingshead, Avery Hylton, Donovon Jenkins, Nicholas Juetten, Frances Kilgore, Jett Norton, Eliza Mullins, Zach Oliver, Evan Paden, Evelyn Real, Noah Shofner, & Madeline Yeast. 7th Grade: Emma Askren, Walt Askren, Rebekah Dutton, James Grant, Aaron Henry, Erin Kendall, Wesley Leggins, Micaela Niebuhr, Bailey Robinson, Jesali Rondon, & Lance Young. 8th Grade: Caitlin Deffendall, Colin Ferguson, Josh Hardin, Zach Henz, Jonathan Hicks, Victoria Lowe, & Phenex Schwarz Ward. Way to go Bearcats!!!
* Congrutulations to the Jazz Band! They had a terrific performance performing for the BSHS jazz band dance. It’s not easy for a middle school band to perform for 45 minutes straight, but these kids performed like pros.
* Congratulations to our district science fair winners!
Kyle Lewis won 1st place in Animal Science.
Evan Covert won 1st place in Behavioral & Social.
Elke Coenders won 2nd place in Behavioral & Social.
James William Grant won 2nd place in Chemistry.
Eliza Mullins won 1st place in Engineering.
Elko Kuvliev won 2nd place in Microbiology.
Andrew Lewis won the KAW Water Award.
Awesome Work Bearcats!!!
* Congratulations to our Dance Team! They won 1st place in their dance team competition at Eastern Kentucky University! We are proud of you all!
* Congratulations to our Band Program! We had 17 students get accepted into the Fayette County Honors Band and 3 student alternates! These students are: Landon Hodge, Wesley Doyle, Noah Shofner, Frances Kilgore, Zachariah Oliver, Jack Hollingshead, Evelyn Real, Colin Neal, Lance Young, Micaela Niebuhr, Erin Kendall, Rebekah Dutton, Jonathan Hicks, Colin Ferguson (First chair for the 2nd year in a row!), Phenex Schwarz-Ward, Sebastian Astolfo, & Zachary Henz! Way to go Bercats!
* Congratulations to the 15 students who won our school science fair and will continue to the district level on February 11th! We are proud of your hard work! They are Elko Kuvliev, Evan Covert, Rick O'Neil, Kyle Lewis, Andrew Lewis, Elke Coenders, Rebekah Dutton, Anna Seabold, Jacob Jordan, Landon Hodge, Kendall Smith, James William Grant, Acacia Smallwood, Eliza Mullins, & Elena Verdecchia!
* Congratulations to our Dance and Cheerleading Teams! They won the spirit award at their competition! Way to go!
* Congratulations to our Reflections winners Elke Coenders and Andrew Peng! Elke received the Award of Excellence in Visual Arts & Photography. She also won the Award of Merit in Literature. Andrew was the overall winner in Visual Arts. Andrew will advance to the state for Visual Art and Elke will advance to the state for Photography. Awesome Job!!!!
* Congratulations to our football team for a great season!!!!!! They had an undefeated season!
* Station Rain Garden Unites Campus - The high school and middle school combine forces to open our outdoor classroom.
* Congratulations to several of our Alpha League students! They went to Washington DC to visit the White House, museums, and Howard University.
* Congratulations to our Cross Country team for placing third in the city championships!